Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Incredible, Edible, and Colorful Egg

I am so happy to have Easter on the horizon.  I always enjoy the traditional holiday activities, and for Easter, that means creating colorful eggs!  This year, I am determined to try out some different techniques for decorating eggs.  Here are a few bits of inspiration I found while researching. I can't wait to try  a few of them out for my table.
I think these eggs are my new favorite.  I love the look of spiraled colors. These eggs were made using rubber bands.  For the how to visit http://sandytoesandpopsicles.blogspot.com/2010/04/egg-dying-techniques-part-1.html. She has so many fun Easter ideas to check out.  Be sure to see her adorable FREE printables. There are some especially cute egg wrappers. You will love her site.  Here is another egg technique that she shared.

I think these eggs are so unique.  I love that it brings the color into the edible egg instead of just the shell.
I have been wanting to try dyeing eggs with old ties for a few years now.  It is actually a fairly simple technique that can be used to get great imagery on the classic egg.  You can find a great video tutorial for this method at

No comments:

Post a Comment