Monday, March 21, 2011

Upcycled Vases

ETA: I took the liberty to run out to the craft store for a few flowers today. I had to share! Thanks for all the sweet comments. Yes, it IS that easy!!

I found this craft idea at Apartment Therapy, via Pinterest. I can tell you--it stuck with me. It was cute, used materials I already had, and was easy enough for anyone to do.

Here is what I started with:
I used clean glass containers of different shapes and sizes, and used what I had. Since I knew these could no longer be used as vases with water inside, I chose the bottles carefully...

Next, I poured one of my two colors into the inside of a vase, and swirled it around until the entire inside was covered.



I poured out any remaining paint from the inside. Then I wiped the lip of the container with a wet cloth, and let it dry overnight, so the paint would set.


When I woke up this morning, these gems greeted me with a big hello...



I later found a darker version of that pretty blue and added one of those, too. I love it!



I'm especially fond of the fact that the outside is so shiny. So pretty to look at!



My daughter came home from school and jumped in on the action. I love what she did with hers! Tomorrow she's going to arrange fake gerbera daisies in them and put them in her room. I'll be sure to post a pic. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that one! Aren't they the cutest?




I hope something inspires you today as well!







No comments:

Post a Comment