Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Super Simple Shamrock Trick

With St. Patrick's Day coming up next week, it is definitely time to start some GREEN crafting! Here is a simple card I whipped up today using my special trick for creating four leaf clovers.
This card was created using scraps from various lines.
Go through your piles in search of green!
I sized and cut letters on my Silhouette cutter.  I love that tool! If you don't have a Silhouette handy, try using random alphabet letters or printing your wording.
Then I added glue and glitter to the U to give it a special "pot of gold" effect. I also added glue and glitter to the brad in the center of my shamrock to tie it together.  Glittering a brad is a fun way to add bling to an embellishment. 
Now here is my tried and true shamrock trick. Four hearts placed tip to tip make a perfect clover! It is so simple.  You can use all different styles of hearts to give yourself several different looks.
To give this shamrock dimension, I folded each heart in half before adhering the tips to the card with glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment