Monday, February 7, 2011

Royal Birth Princess Mini Album

A few years back, one of my friends did a class with the best poem!  I loved the poem so much that I made my own version of the "Princess Album" for one of my friends daughters.  This book is just a bitty little album measuring about 3" square.  I loved how easy it was to put together.  Just pictures and a few embellishments, and ooh-la... a personal yet inexpensive gift!
I mainly used cardstock for this album.  I did add in a little patterned paper for accent.  I also used random rubons and stickers that I had lying around.  I punched a small hole in the edge of the covers to thread the ribbon through. 

I printed the entire poem out on cardstock and then cut it apart for each page.  Check out that vintage teal button...so cute!

I liked the look of adding a photo on one side of each page.  I wanted the photos to stand out and be the focal point.

A little circle punched patterned paper gives this page a fun look


I love the softness of the white rubon overlapping the wording. These were a flourish pack from American Crafts.




I always like to leave a little signature on a handmade gift so that the recipient remembers where it came from and knows they are special to me.

I love the sweet message of this poem.  It is a good reminder for all of us. Here is the entire poem again (I have definitely changed out the wording to Prince to make it work for little boys too)

I am a child of royal birth.
My Father is King of Heaven and Earth.
My spirit was born on the courts of high.
A daughter beloved, A Princess am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment