Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a Cardmaking Kind of Day

Today I got busy restocking my card caddy with some handmade greetings.  As predicted, I used the Echo Park "For The Record" line.  It was so fun to work with the different elements to come up with a few very simple cards that will be great to grab in a pinch. I love having a good supply of cards on hand so that I don't have to throw something together at the last second.  
There is my favorite red polka dot! For this card, I used sticker pieces from the alphabet and element sheets.  I cut the yellow list piece from the cut apart printed paper.  The ribbon is finished off by wrapping a decorative brad around the knot.
This card is so random....but cute!  Most of the elements came from the two sticker sheets.  I also added a scallop circle punched from patterned paper.  Love my punches!
I mounted the "For the Record" sticker on another piece of patterned paper and then used pop dots to secure it to the card.  The word saying was cut from a patterned paper.  The black scallops came off the alphabet sticker sheet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment