Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teen Idols

Make no mistake about it...I had a major crush on Shaun Cassidy when I was a kid. He was my first concert--and I knew for sure I would grow up to be his Nancy Drew (he was a Hardy Boy) and uncover all sorts of mysteries with him. I had posters all over my walls. His and Andy Gibb's. What was it with me and the hair?
This weekend, teen idols were once again the topic of conversation. It takes broad shoulders to announce these things in public sometimes. After all, some of them sound made-up. Some of them date you or reveal something about the inner nerdy you. And you know I'm a sucker for that kinda thing...
My friend Amy's taken a lot of heat about loving Barry Cowsill. Oh, the laughs we've had at her expense...
And I've already professed my love for Bucky Dent in this post...

All this got me to thinking...I wish I had some of my old posters. I wish I had a few baseball cards. Hence the above collages. Technology is an awesome thing. I simply Googled "Bucky Dent Images", saved a dozen of my favorites, and created the above collage. Who is your teen idol? Do share!! My goal with this month's kits are to use my two collages in a layout about me and my childhood. I challenge you to do the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment