Sunday, October 10, 2010

Columbus Day


Tomorrow is Columbus Day and I really wanted to post an article telling you all about Christopher Columbus and the creation of Columbus Day but, to be honest, after two days of research and study I am a bit overwhelmed and I am trying to sort everything out in my mind. 

You see, I'm a fifty year old woman who remembers what I was taught as a child and has always believed that Christopher Columbus was a good man who did a good and important thing. Now, I'm finding out that there is much controversy surrounding Christopher Columbus and his discovery. And though I still hold fast to my belief that he was a good man and that he was led by God to this land, America, I have run out of time and could not write a decent post without further research and thought. 

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Christopher Columbus and Columbus Day? Thanks for your help, Lisa   

No comments:

Post a Comment