Thursday, February 4, 2010

3 minute escape from reality

This evening as I was driving home from Costco in my messy mini-van (do I really own a mini-van...sad) with my 3 kids in tow I was following some kind of large SUV. I was in a daze and thought...what if my mini-van grew wings and I was able to pull my steering wheel back and it would take me up over this SUV, up in the air and I could keep going over the mountains and the ocean and fly some place beautiful and old with loads of history and timeless beauty. Like the picture above.

Then a whine from Madeline brought me crashing into reality. Nope, I am still chubby in a dirty t-shirt and sweats, in a messy mini-van on 1-15 in Utah.

Not that I am complaining, I love where we live, I love my kids, I even love my van, just sometimes it's nice to escape even if it is for 3 minutes or so. (p.s. I wouldn't mind living some place like this too...just thought I would put that out there to the universe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment